Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D "Love in the Time of Hydra"

**Full disclosure, I love the movies and the show, but I only read classic issues of Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and classic Avengers. I never read the inhuman or Ultron stories.  This review is of the perspective of the tv show fan.**


Let me start by saying Love in the Time of Cholera is a fantastic book. Highly recommend. Anything that references it gets my attention.

To me, this was a lackluster episode. Not much action at all. The plot advances, kinda.

Edward James Olmos guest starred tonight.

This was an Inhumans light episode. Instead, we see some old friends. Grant Ward is helping Agent 33 find herself. Literally. They go on a road trip to do so.

Side note: Does everyone who works in/goes to restaurants in this universe expect to see really odd looking people. Remember the post credits scene in the Avengers? And last weeks episode? I went to a Burger King after Comic Con dressed and made up like Barriss Offee and people looked at me like I was an escapee from a mental institution. How can someone with an incredibly noticeable facial scar that takes up half their face and weird robot voice not get some looks? Or are people in the Marvel universe just that much more open minded than we are here on Earth prime?

We also meet the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D. Does anyone in Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D detect something is amiss with the absence of Mac, Hunter, and Bobbi?

How do we solve a problem like Skye? Coulson comes up with a solution, of sorts. Fitz is not very happy with what the resolution is and expresses frustration with Simmons.  Mac and Bobbi feel it is time to end all of Coulson's secrets.

Overall, this episode could have probably been combined with another one. There was a lot of fat that could have been trimmed. I am not sure if the filler is because they are trying to stretch out the season to coincide with the release of Age of Ultron. It wasn't a terrible episode, but it could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment