Saturday, August 31, 2013

My son the big boy! Plus C-Sections and what are receiving blankets good for? Plus$10 off citrus lane!

Thanks so much for all the views :)


My baby had his four month check up yesterday.  He's 14 lbs, 11 oz ; 24.75 inches. 3 shots, and like the champ he is, he was laughing before we left! His giant melon head is 17 inches!!!!


When I was making my baby shower lists, my mother told me to make sure I included receiving blankets. Having never had a child before, I didn't.  Several people gave me receiving blankets, but I didn't really know what to do with them. Now that I have a baby, I can't live without them.


Thought I would share:


1. Swaddling.  Like many things, by the time you get really good at this, your baby won't like it. Babies feel secure when swaddled because it reminds them of being in the womb. My son liked being swaddled for about a month. 



This is him.  He was so snug as a bug in a rug!


http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/how-to-swaddle-a-baby/MY01766


2.  Burp cloths.

3. Changing table covers. Changing table covers retail for about $15 each. You can buy 4 receiving blankets for about $10, less if you buy at Walmart, Target, Burlington, or consignment. TIP: Public changing tables are nastier than you could ever imagine. Use a receiving blanket. Your welcome.

4. Something to place baby on when changing out side. Trust me you will do this. Or in your car.  My son had a HUGE blowout on the Milford, MA bike trail, and Chili's, and just about everywhere else.

5. Nursing cover. You will have to breastfeed in public. You may not believe me, but you will.

6. Lap blanket.  When we go in the car, I don't always like pants because the temperature fluctuates.  So we use receiving blankets instead.

7.  Emergency toga. See number 4. My friend's son went through all the outfits she packed for him once.  So she had to use his receiving blanket to cover him up.

8.

This one was easier to show than explain.  He was a little slouchy in the car seat, so we used receiving blankets like so to prop him up.

9. Sun cover. Car seat sun shades only go so far, ditto for strollers.  TIP Pack three safety pins so you can pin the blanket to the top and sides of the sun shade on the stroller. BONUS TIP : If you are using a stroller that has a tray, put the bottom of the blanket on the tray, then put your cell phone on the blanket. It will not fly up.


10.  Use anytime you don't want to put your baby on a surface in public!

What do you use receiving blankets for?


Thought this was interesting. Its from NPR.




http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/08/30/216479305/money-may-be-motivating-doctors-to-do-more-c-sections



https://www.citruslane.com/invitedby/Alana.Rodriguez.1417702



No comments:

Post a Comment